Here I am writing my penultimate post in my ’10 reasons’ series. How fast has this year gone ? I can’t believe we are nearing the end of yet another year, though I think I say that every November. Here are 10 awesome things we managed to do this month.
1. Katie brought home a clarinet from school as part of the Sound Start project. Maybe not so awesome for our ears, but its nice to see her improving each week. She will keep the clarinet at home until next summer, when her school year will perform in a concert.
2. Two of my closest friends have birthdays in November. I enjoyed an evening at Las Iguanas celebrating my best friends birthday. It was an evening of gorgeous food and a well deserved catch up. I am looking forward to this Friday, celebrating my other friends birthday with lunch out.
3. Seeing John Newman in concert in Manchester. This was the second time we had seen him live, and again he put on a fantastic show. He was playing at The Albert Hall, which is in the middle of the city and is a stunning venue.
4. And before the concert, hubby and I enjoyed a few hours at the Manchester Christmas Markets. It had been a few years since we last visited them, and we loved wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. You can read more about our 24 hours in Manchester here.
5. Katie had a very exciting (and windy) day in Blackpool with cubs. She was out of the house for 12 hours, and visited Madame Tussauds, Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Dungeon and finished off the day with a trip to the Pantomime. Needless to say she was very tired when she returned home.
6. I enjoyed a fantastic evening at the Co-op Christmas blogger event in Manchester. It was a chance to try out the wonderful Christmas food offerings from them, as well as catching up, and meeting new blogger friends.
7. We caught up with some friends at a local firework show the day after Bonfire night. Thankfully it was a fairly mild evening, and we spent a few hours catching up whilst enjoying the firework show.
8. Morgan is really enjoying going to the gym, and has been doing 5k on the treadmill. I was so proud of him when he beat his PB by 4 minutes on Sunday.
9. Hubby and I like to get out once a month together, and last Saturday we walked around a local Christmas Festival and I enjoyed my first Gingerbread Latte of the festive season.
10. And finally I have had the best month ever with my blog stats. I know stats are not the be all and end all, but its nice to see them going in the right direction, and thank you to everyone who reads my posts.
I have a feeling December will be pretty awesome too. We have lots of things planned for the coming weeks, and I can’t wait to share them with you at the end of December.